No respect! SEC Champs are a 12 seed!

Basketball Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Who said we weren't discriminated against?
RebnPhilly
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Based on receiving a 12 seed even after beating FL, I don't think we would have made the dance with a loss today. But we did and we're in. Let's beat them cheeseheads.

EDIT: A selection committee member just said on CBS that Ole Miss was in win or lose today.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well u be wrong. Someone on the commitee just said we were in regardless.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

We take 2 of 3 from mizzou and they get a lower seed? Me thinks we got the screwing....
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Jim, I understand your point. We all heard what they said, but actions speak louder that words.

It's hard for me to believe that a win over #16 Florida in the SEC championship game bumped us any less than 5 seeds. 12 + 5 = 17. There are no 17 seeds in the tournament. The cupcake teams that in their BS conferences and get an automatic bid are the 15 & 16 seeds or play-in games.

I honestly expected we would be an 8 or 9 seed if we had lost today! I was traveling today, and listened to the game on Ole Miss radio. They clearly expected we would get a 5 or 6 seed after the win. They got it wrong too!
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

proud2breb wrote:Jim, I understand your point. We all heard what they said, but actions speak louder that words.

It's hard for me to believe that a win over #16 Florida in the SEC championship game bumped us any less than 5 seeds. 12 + 5 = 17. There are no 17 seeds in the tournament. The cupcake teams that in their BS conferences and get an automatic bid are the 15 & 16 seeds or play-in games.

I honestly expected we would be an 8 or 9 seed if we had lost today! I was traveling today, and listened to the game on Ole Miss radio. They clearly expected we would get a 5 or 6 seed after the win. They got it wrong too!
We were one of the last 4 in. That most likely would have been a play in game. Which would have meant that if we win, we play a 1 or 2 seed next. I really do think that the state loss has come back to haunt us.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Correction- two of the cupcake play-in teams are 11 seeds!
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I thought we'd get a 8 or 9 seed. But, I'll take a 12. 12's beat 5's ALL the time.
Some Random Dude
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Just saw the whole bracket. We should've gotten Mizzou's seed.

Oh, well. We are in the Big Boy tourney for the first time in 10 years. Let's not get greedy.
Some Random Dude
GeorgiaREB
Rebel Commitment
Rebel Commitment

I really don't care what seed we are, WE'RE GOING TO THE DANCE!!!!! I think we were due a 7 or 8 seed but maybe Wisconsin overlooks us and it plays to our advantage.
proud2breb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

wildthang80 wrote:
proud2breb wrote:Jim, I understand your point. We all heard what they said, but actions speak louder that words.

We were one of the last 4 in. That most likely would have been a play in game. Which would have meant that if we win, we play a 1 or 2 seed next. I really do think that the state loss has come back to haunt us.
As it stands, if we win, we do get a 1 seed.... Gonzaga!
A10Rebel
3rd String
3rd String

Oregon could make the same argument as Ole Miss. They got a high hard one as well.
"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
-Wayne Dyer
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Our team loves a challenge...SEC smacked us - we took their trophy. now Ncaa disses us :) cant wait to see our Rebelballoffire toast em. Hope JS is back, he still looked shaky today.
rebangel
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Being in the Tad Pad with the team for the announcement was an electric moment. Go Rebs....we are dancin'!
wildthang80
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter

bleuwolfe wrote:Our team loves a challenge...SEC smacked us - we took their trophy. now Ncaa disses us :) cant wait to see our Rebelballoffire toast em. Hope JS is back, he still looked shaky today.
Jarvis is a good player, but we looked pretty good without him.