Denzel...

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

practiced yesterday. He says he's playing. Coaches waiting to see if there's swelling this morning. Coaches said he favored the knee a little and didn't quite have his normal burst, but if all goes well he could get it back by game time.

It'd be great to have him back, but I know they'll take every precaution. Don't want to risk the rest of the season, or next 2 years for that matter, for one game.
Some Random Dude
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I agree, but I love the mentality...
Rebel_Fire
Water Boy
Water Boy

I would love to see him back for Bama, but I also don't want him to risk his health or the rest of the season for this game.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

I love that he wants to play so badly. I trust that our staff won't let him come back before he is 100%
jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

I think we should save him for Auburn. Lets be real: Bryant has played lights out, and we will have a much better chance of beating Auburn then we will bama.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

jrebel87 wrote:I think we should save him for Auburn. Lets be real: Bryant has played lights out, and we will have a much better chance of beating Auburn then we will bama.

I'm more concerned about the Auburn game.. I think we have more than a fair shot to beat Bama, but we are playing with house money there.. Auburn is a tough road game coming off a trip to Bama.. Plus Auburn has an open date, and a guy that knows Freeze better than any other head coach..
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

MageeRebel425 wrote:
jrebel87 wrote:I think we should save him for Auburn. Lets be real: Bryant has played lights out, and we will have a much better chance of beating Auburn then we will bama.

I'm more concerned about the Auburn game.. I think we have more than a fair shot to beat Bama, but we are playing with house money there.. Auburn is a tough road game coming off a trip to Bama.. Plus Auburn has an open date, and a guy that knows Freeze better than any other head coach..

Why would he know Freeze better than any other head coach? And I'm not sure Malzahn is an SEC caliber head coach just yet.
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

Why would he know Freeze better than any other head coach? And I'm not sure Malzahn is an SEC caliber head coach just yet.
I was wondering the same thing. I know they are friends, but they've never played against each other have they?
Some Random Dude
jeff967
Scout Team
Scout Team

I was wondering the same thing. I know they are friends, but they've never played against each other have they?[/quote]
gus took hugh's team at ASU
one of Flop's sons
batman50
3rd String
3rd String

jeff967 wrote:I was wondering the same thing. I know they are friends, but they've never played against each other have they?
gus took hugh's team at ASU[/quote]

True............but then he implemented his own system. I'm sure certain things were changed in his signals and play calls.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

batman50 wrote:
MageeRebel425 wrote:

At the coaching clinic last year Malzahn spoke the last day. He was talking about he and Freeze a lot. They were going to host a clinic in Little Rock this summer for high school coaches who were interested in coaching at the college level, but just did not have the connections. They do some very similar things offensively, so I figure they bounce a lot of ideas off of each other.. I know they prob dont have the same conversations now, but just seemed like they were pretty tight by the way Gus was talking.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From a football point of view they are cut from same cloth. But Freeze has the advantage in talent and that he is in his second year. No excuse to lose to Auburn. We have a better football team.
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Anybody got the latest on Denzel?? Freeze said there was little to no swelling yesterday.. If he is good to go, that would be a huge boost. His energy level alone is worth a ton.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

From what I saw, he's making the trip Saturday. How much he plays will be determined by how his leg responds. But so for so good.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:From a football point of view they are cut from same cloth. But Freeze has the advantage in talent and that he is in his second year. No excuse to lose to Auburn. We have a better football team.
Agreed.

As for Denzel, I too trust the staff to make the right call. Not sure he needs to be 100% to make an impact though.

It is sure a small sample size for a team that is currently 1-2 in the NFL, but, an injured Roddy White for my home town Falcons has seemingly taken some heat from opposing defenses as an injured decoy allowing Julio Jones to do his thing in a very big way. Not saying that this would work in our favor necessarily, but early on, Saban, McCarron and the like would have to at the very least account for Denzel, hopefully opening some lanes for our more healthy players to hit.

We are definitely playing with house money against Bama and there is not much to lose, but if it were me I would be moving ALL of my chips to the center of the table and if playing Denzel in any capacity helps this endeavor, I risk the chance of further injury.

We got Auburn. To rattle the tree we need to take down Bama.