okay guys... time to admit it.

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

True. I don't believe he's leaving. Would also be sweet for Shea. Could use a redshirt on him and give him a year to learn the offense and get his feet wet.

For what it's worth, I watched a post game clip of an interview with Chad and he mentioned playing next year.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

ThunderReb wrote:I don't know about him being the best QB at OM but he's right up there with Archie in TOUGHNESS.
The second half of the season his toughness showed more every game. In his last 3 games he played as close to Archie play as anybody I have seen in a long time.
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

Ben tweeted out yesterday that Kelly was coming back next year...lets hope Shea Patterson can learn from him how much being a film rat is required to win in the SEC... According to all I have read Chad Kelly is a clone of Peyton Manning when it comes to game preparation. I like the idea of Shea Patterson taking a redshirt for the future.
Later,
Hagar
GtownRebel
All American
All American

I think Chad is probably one of the toughest if not the toughest QB Ole Miss has had in a long time. He is big and strong. According to what I have read Chad is only 6'1" and that is a little small in the NFL now. They like them a little taller to see over the line of scrimmage easier. I think he comes back honestly.
ThunderReb
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote:
ThunderReb wrote:I don't know about him being the best QB at OM but he's right up there with Archie in TOUGHNESS.
The second half of the season his toughness showed more every game. In his last 3 games he played as close to Archie play as anybody I have seen in a long time.
Go back and rewatch the Alabama game.....the hits he took as he released the ball.....and he just kept popping back up. I would've been begging for morphine and a handgun.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

True.
WildRebel
All SEC
All SEC

GtownRebel wrote:I think Chad is probably one of the toughest if not the toughest QB Ole Miss has had in a long time. He is big and strong. According to what I have read Chad is only 6'1" and that is a little small in the NFL now. They like them a little taller to see over the line of scrimmage easier. I think he comes back honestly.
Height is only a plus. Not a requirement. They want winners. I think Chad has the potential to play at the next level but I agree with most here saying he needs another year.