Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:56 pm
rebeljim wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:18 pm
rebelbear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Wow, could the early word be more wrong?
Luke said it was worse than first thought. They were the ones who put out the early word. If u have a problem with it, take it up with Luke and staff.
Yeah it's the coaching staff...after all, your sources are always dead on, Jim. Let me give you a hint, just because you pay to have access to a message board it doesn't make the message board more reliable.
First of all, I have no sources, never pretented I did. And if u don't want me to bring stuff from the scout board, say so. Or better yet, just don't read my post since u seem to think so bad of me. And it was Luke that let out the first report, believe what u want. U seem to hate the paid boards for whatever reason, and seem to resent me being a member, but I won't dwell into that. Chuck and Yancy gives the best info of any of the paid boards, just have to wad through all the kool aid, and it can get deep sometimes.
u can never judge a book by how it chews its food
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Times are hard. Nobody is happy. I’m sure not. I want better recruiting. I want a 5-2 team look to be as good as any 5-2 team in the country. I want our coaches to earn the nation’s respect. I want more money. I want a lot of things. I will read your posts. Beats the heck out of the newspaper
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

bbqit wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:19 pm Times are hard. Nobody is happy. I’m sure not. I want better recruiting. I want a 5-2 team look to be as good as any 5-2 team in the country. I want our coaches to earn the nation’s respect. I want more money. I want a lot of things. I will read your posts. Beats the heck out of the newspaper
This is what happened that he's complaining about. After the game in his post game interview, Luke said DK's injury appeared to be minor, but would know more after the doctors looked at him. This morning in chat, someone asked Chuck about DK. Chuck said the last he heard, it was minor, but would know more after the presser this morning. Luke came out and said they were wrong, and the injury was season ending. All Chuck was doing was reporting what the HC told him, and Chuck passed that info to his members. And DK had been asked about on here, so I was passing on what Luke, our HC had said. This is the internet, things change all the time. Last week, DJ Jeffries father went on the radio and said his son was announcing that week. That news spread all over the internet. It's now Monday night and DJ still hasn't announced. Guess his father has terrible sources too.
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Well I hope metcalf is fine. He is my favorite leg hiker
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

rebeljim wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:30 pm
rebelbear wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:56 pm
rebeljim wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Luke said it was worse than first thought. They were the ones who put out the early word. If u have a problem with it, take it up with Luke and staff.
Yeah it's the coaching staff...after all, your sources are always dead on, Jim. Let me give you a hint, just because you pay to have access to a message board it doesn't make the message board more reliable.
First of all, I have no sources, never pretented I did. And if u don't want me to bring stuff from the scout board, say so. Or better yet, just don't read my post since u seem to think so bad of me. And it was Luke that let out the first report, believe what u want. U seem to hate the paid boards for whatever reason, and seem to resent me being a member, but I won't dwell into that. Chuck and Yancy gives the best info of any of the paid boards, just have to wad through all the kool aid, and it can get deep sometimes.
Yes Jim, I “hate the paid boards” and I resent you for being a member. That is a logical conclusion to come to.
JustBlues
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Although I do not "hate" the "paid boards", the preceding discussion illustrates well why I will never participate in them. I have an aversion to spending my money on things that return no value.
GtownRebel
All American
All American

Well, I enjoy what Jim brings to this board. If you don't want to see what he writes, you can block him. I have done this to other posters in the past who were dawgs. Jim is not a dawg by any stretch of the immigration (not saying you are one either) and I will still read his posts. The choice is yours. It is a free country and a free board. Enjoy it while it lasts.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

JustBlues wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 am Although I do not "hate" the "paid boards", the preceding discussion illustrates well why I will never participate in them. I have an aversion to spending my money on things that return no value.
Some like the paid boards, some don't. From late 1999 to Nov. of 2017, I didn't have to pay to be on their boards. When rivals first started, Noah ran the board. I would post links on both the paid and free boards on rivals. Noah sent me a text saying if I quit posting links on the free board, and only post them on the paid boards, I wouldn't have to pay the fee. For the next 10 or so years, I was on rivals for free. When Dave Childers took over rivals, I ended up leaving and going to scout. Chuck knew what I had done on rivals, and he offered me the same deal I had with the rivals board. But in Nov. of 2017, Chuck stopped my free admission. Started paying to be on scout the last week of Jan. of this year. I like the daily practice reports, and recruiting tips that's put on the board daily. But to each their own.
rebelbear
Head Coach
Head Coach

I'm not sure how this devolved into a discussion on the paid boards. I don't have a problem with them, I've never been on them so I wouldn't know. It just seems to me that people who are "in the know" ought to have a little bit of knowledge about WTF is actually going on. How many times have we heard that a final ruling from the NCAA should be expected "by the end of the week"? At some point we will get the ruling and they will all pat themselves on the back for being the first to report it. And I don't just mean the paid boards. It's journalism in general. Unfortunately, good reporting just doesn't exist anymore.
rebeljim
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

rebelbear wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:53 pm I'm not sure how this devolved into a discussion on the paid boards. I don't have a problem with them, I've never been on them so I wouldn't know. It just seems to me that people who are "in the know" ought to have a little bit of knowledge about WTF is actually going on. How many times have we heard that a final ruling from the NCAA should be expected "by the end of the week"? At some point we will get the ruling and they will all pat themselves on the back for being the first to report it. And I don't just mean the paid boards. It's journalism in general. Unfortunately, good reporting just doesn't exist anymore.
None of the paid boards know any more than we do on the ncaa bs. I doubt anyone in our sorry administration knows anything. The ncaa has obviously kept it quiet. I think we get no relief, and all charges stick. And I think u can take that to the bank, hope I'm wrong. And it should come out in the next couple of weeks. All they've been reporting on is rumors they're hearing, which obviously hasn't been true. They do give good recruiting news, which is something I enjoy. They talk to the coaches and give us reports. I think scout is better than rivals. But their contacts stop with the university, and none of them know when the ruling is coming down. Hence all the rumors. And u are right about good journalism not existing anymore.