Ranking the QBs of the SEC West

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

MtownRebel
3rd String
3rd String

After reading the DM's take on the QB situation in the SEC West I was wondering how everyone else ranked them?

I'd go JPW, Snead, "That other QB from Arkansas", Burns, Carroll, LSU

The DM went Wilson, Carroll, LSU, Snead, "That other QB from Arkansas", Burns (LSU and "That other QB from Arkansas" may have been switched)
felicianareb
2nd String
2nd String

I'm going out on a limb and say that Snead has been living eating drinking and dreaming of the day he can finally show his stuff, and that he's going to buckle his chin strap with a will. JPW may have more field experience but I think Snead will close the gap with talent and determination. Not to say that he won't have a few hiccups, but not as many as the DB's he'll be facing. I just don't see any other QB in the race right now.
rewalters
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MtownRebel wrote:After reading the DM's take on the QB situation in the SEC West I was wondering how everyone else ranked them?

I'd go JPW, Snead, *beep*, Burns, Carroll, LSU

The DM went Wilson, Carroll, LSU, Snead, *beep*, Burns (LSU and *beep* may have been switched)
I tend to agree with you, however I will say, if (granted a big if) Snead makes the tansistion from what I saw of him in HS to the college level on a regular basis it will be a no brainer by the end of the year.

Only time will tell, hopefully it will be fun ride!
Randy
done

I will predict nothing about Snead's prowess at the position...I remember the projections about BS too well to tempt fate again 8)
cajunrebel

Rebchuck18 wrote:I will predict nothing about Snead's prowess at the position...I remember the projections about BS too well to tempt fate again 8)
I agree 150%. Once burned, twice shy. I'll wait and give my say on Snead after the Wake Forest game.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
USCrebel
2nd String
2nd String

cajunrebel wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:I will predict nothing about Snead's prowess at the position...I remember the projections about BS too well to tempt fate again 8)
I agree 150%. Once burned, twice shy. I'll wait and give my say on Snead after the Wake Forest game.
I'll wait until after the MSU game.
It's not insane to suggest that the Rebels have the best defensive line in college football.
----- Foxsports power ranking OM at #14
BeeeDeee
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

I do not look forward to his first test (or more importantly, the OL's first real test) being on national TV against an up and coming Wake Forest team. I sure hope that the past two years' history isn't repeated.
parrotreb
Rebel Starter
Rebel Starter
Location: Got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart.

BeeDee wrote:I do not look forward to his first test (or more importantly, the OL's first real test) being on national TV against an up and coming Wake Forest team. I sure hope that the past two years' history isn't repeated.
Hopefully, Markuson is teaching those boys to hold like Arkansas did. They got caught slightly less than Alabama.
You've just got to learn from the wrong things you've done. I came off the rebound, started looking around, figured out it's time to have a little fun.