OM vs UTX

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

cajunrebel

I know it's early, but I just booked my flight and will be coming in for our UT game and bringing a UT grad along for the experience. On another note, flying has gotten really expensive. From Houston to Memphis the cheapest I could get is $502 on United/Continental/sure to lose my bag. That flight is only 1 1/2hrs. Dang!

Can't wait to bake in the hot September sun and see if Freeze has our team ready to dance with the big boys/what's left of the Big 12. Who's coming!?!
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
joe_t25
Scout Team
Scout Team

Just took that flight about a week ago myself. That continental flight terminal is Houston is awful too. Have a good time and get you some BBQ while your in town. Rendezvous and Interstate are the best
Pain Dont HURT!
RebLG
Water Boy
Water Boy

cajunrebel wrote:I know it's early, but I just booked my flight and will be coming in for our UT game and bringing a UT grad along for the experience. On another note, flying has gotten really expensive. From Houston to Memphis the cheapest I could get is $502 on United/Continental/sure to lose my bag. That flight is only 1 1/2hrs. Dang!

Can't wait to bake in the hot September sun and see if Freeze has our team ready to dance with the big boys/what's left of the Big 12. Who's coming!?!
Southwest flies out of Houston to Birmingham. With I22 corridor open, the trip to Oxford from B'ham has gotten down to 3 hours. The price difference between SW and United might make it worth your time. Just passing ideas.
Reb LG
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Southwest also flies to Jackson and you can make it to Oxford from Jackson in just over two hours.
cajunrebel

I done those trips as well as flying into Nashville and Little Rock but I didn't want a long drive for that weekend so sucked it up and going through Memphis. I can't wait for Southwest to pick up the AirTran route into Memphis and make it more competitive.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
BobReb
All SEC
All SEC

cajunrebel wrote:I done those trips as well as flying into Nashville and Little Rock but I didn't want a long drive for that weekend so sucked it up and going through Memphis. I can't wait for Southwest to pick up the AirTran route into Memphis and make it more competitive.
I'll believe it when I see it. But man, that would be SWEET!
Planodoc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Stretch Your Travel Budget Sale
Book your tickets by March 29, 2012.
Domestic travel to/from select destinations April 3 through June 27, 2012.
10-day advance purchase required.
Travel to/from Florida not available for travel April 3 - April 16, 2012.
Travel valid only on Tuesdays & Wednesdays.
All fares are non-refundable and a $75 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase, plus any applicable increase in airfare.
Fares may be combined with other AirTran Airways combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare's rules apply.
Travel to/from Knoxville, TN not available after May 31, 2012.
Travel to/from Bloomington/Normal, IL, Charleston, WV, Washington D.C. (Dulles), and Miami, FL not avilable after June 2, 2012.
If you are unable to locate a particular fare, try searching on different travel dates or times, as fares are subject to availability and sell out quickly.
See a complete list of terms and conditions below.

Flights to the Caribbean on sale now. Book by Thursday & save.

From Mexico to the Caribbean, your exotic getaway is closer than you think.

It's not too late to save on Spring Break hotels. Book on southwest.com today and save up to 40% on your stay!

*The fares you see now include all government taxes and fees.
All fares are one-way, no round trip required.
Update your preferred airport

Sale fares between Memphis and:

Akron/Canton
$193

Atlanta
$65

Baltimore
$218

Boston
$218

Charlotte
$179

Chicago (Midway)
$218

Columbus
$208

Dayton
$123

Denver
$218

Detroit
$169

Flint
$144

Ft. Myers
$136

Houston (Hobby)
$218

Indianapolis
$217

Kansas City
$186

Las Vegas
$201

Los Angeles (LAX)
$223

Milwaukee
$218

Minneapolis/St. Paul
$179

New Orleans
$188

Orlando
$187

Pensacola/Gulf Coast
$205

Philadelphia
$218

Phoenix
$218

Raleigh/Durham
$218

Rochester
$145

San Antonio
$209

Sarasota/Bradenton
$136

Seattle
$193

Washington, D.C. (Dulles)
$207

Washington, D.C. (Reagan National)
$207

West Palm Beach
$136

White Plains
$148
Hagar
Head Coach
Head Coach

joe_t25 wrote:Just took that flight about a week ago myself. That continental flight terminal is Houston is awful too. Have a good time and get you some BBQ while your in town. Rendezvous and Interstate are the best
you forgot Handy Andy's BBQ...easily the best of all 3. Just sayin!
Later,
Hagar
cajunrebel

Hagar wrote:
joe_t25 wrote:Just took that flight about a week ago myself. That continental flight terminal is Houston is awful too. Have a good time and get you some BBQ while your in town. Rendezvous and Interstate are the best

I used to live two blocks from Handy Andy's. I gained ten pounds that year and not only miss their BBQ but miss the double cheeseburger.
"I'm a solid verbal."

- Prospect name here
mpzreb17
All SEC
All SEC

201 from vegas to mem. just might be making this trip too.
We Are Ole Miss
lewindha
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

cajunrebel wrote:
Hagar wrote:

I used to live two blocks from Handy Andy's. I gained ten pounds that year and not only miss their BBQ but miss the double cheeseburger.
Man that double cheeseburger was ridiculous. I stopped last summer on a Sunday and they were closed. So disappointed.
Some Random Dude