Tomorrows game is huge

Football Related Discussions

Moderator: Rebel Security

jrebel87
Head Coach
Head Coach

The more I think about it, the more I can't help but think about how bad our program needs to start the season 2-0 going into the Texas game. Besides the obvious fact of being supremely confident going into the UT game, we would have actual "hype" around our program in the week leading up to the game for the first time since '09. We need that in our program. Even if we got creamed by UT, the hype leading up to the game would be extremely exciting considering how bad we have been the past few years. We need to go out and take care of business tomorrow. We need to also cover the 8 point spread.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

of course we need to win 2mara N be 2-0. beating the spread is a who cares. 1 pt is good enough.

there a reason oddsmakers are in business
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

We need to win...and Bo and this offense need lots of good series to gain momentum. Defense of course needs to continue to gel and get themselves in the right places and not over pursue and continue to make in game ( not just halftime) adjustments.

If Bo stays healthy and keeps his nose clean I am cautiously optimistic that we will do better than most think. I think the staff will develop this defense. If Bo goes down we are in deep do do!
bbqit
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Last weeks win still feels good!!!!! I'm addicted, I want to feel like this next week too!!! I love to see the smile on an Ole Miss player's face!!!!!
MageeRebel425
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Rebchuck18 wrote:We need to win...and Bo and this offense need lots of good series to gain momentum. Defense of course needs to continue to gel and get themselves in the right places and not over pursue and continue to make in game ( not just halftime) adjustments.

If Bo stays healthy and keeps his nose clean I am cautiously optimistic that we will do better than most think. I think the staff will develop this defense. If Bo goes down we are in deep do do!

Can't continue to run as much as he did last week..Georgia, Bama, LSU will physically cause him harm if he runs zone option.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

MageeRebel425 wrote:
Rebchuck18 wrote:We need to win...and Bo and this offense need lots of good series to gain momentum. Defense of course needs to continue to gel and get themselves in the right places and not over pursue and continue to make in game ( not just halftime) adjustments.

Can't continue to run as much as he did last week..Georgia, Bama, LSU will physically cause him harm if he runs zone option.
Agree 100%. Nice to know he can when needed but should be a last resort or a strategic resort like an occasional qb draw when the defense is vulnerable.
Tarv
Water Boy
Water Boy

The most impressive thing to me about Bo is that so many of his passes were thrown with pressure on him. He didn't complete 20 of 24 with a wide open view, he had guys hanging off him. If our line play can improve week to week, we might have a special offense this year.
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

Tarv wrote:The most impressive thing to me about Bo is that so many of his passes were thrown with pressure on him. He didn't complete 20 of 24 with a wide open view, he had guys hanging off him. If our line play can improve week to week, we might have a special offense this year.
It's nice to be big and "strong like bull" and still have a good arm and quick enough feet to get out of trouble.
JoeRebel
3rd String
3rd String

I was impressed with Bo's decision making. I gotta tell ya though, it's nice to have a QB that looks like a QB. I agree with the statement, "when you have 2 quarterbacks, you have no quarterback" Brunetti doesn't have near the upside that Bo Wallace does. When both sides seem equal, go with Bo. He is taller, seems to makes better decisions, and has more eligibility left. Brunetti still has alot of upside. He could be a short yardage QB, run the wildcat or correct me if I am wrong, be a backup QB. :)
"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin."
Ronald Reagan
mascott
3rd String
3rd String

THIS ^^^^^
scott
OMNOB 1A
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Balderdash!

I agree that Bo looks like (after one game vs a FCS team) to be the clear cut starter, but it is a not by a wide margin by any stretch. If Bo goes down, Brunetti is there. No biggie.

I wish like hell that the QB position was going to make or break the season that is Ole Miss Rebel football, but, that isn't so.

If we have anyone on the OL go down, that's a "doo doo" situation, If we loose anyonebehind the DL, that's a "doo doo" situation. There is no depth there what-so-ever.

At the QB position, we have depth as Bo is definitely not Peyton Manning to Brunetti's Curtis Painter.
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:

Balderdash!

I agree that Bo looks like (after one game vs a FCS team) to be the clear cut starter, but it is a not by a wide margin by any stretch. If Bo goes down, Brunetti is there. No biggie.

I wish like hell that the QB position was going to make or break the season that is Ole Miss Rebel football, but, that isn't so.

If we have anyone on the OL go down, that's a "doo doo" situation, If we loose anyonebehind the DL, that's a "doo doo" situation. There is no depth there what-so-ever.

At the QB position, we have depth as Bo is definitely not Peyton Manning to Brunetti's Curtis Painter.
well said
Rebchuck18
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

OMNOB 1A wrote:

Balderdash!

I respectfully disagree. I think that most anyone that a) watched brunetti play last year and b) has watched Bo play this year would agree that losing Bo would would indeed be a " biggie".
metalinc
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Rebchuck18 wrote:
OMNOB 1A wrote:

Balderdash!

I respectfully disagree. I think that most anyone that a) watched brunetti play last year and b) has watched Bo play this year would agree that losing Bo would would indeed be a " biggie".
Agree! We scored 193 points last year we are 40% there now in two games this year.Losing Wallace would be tougher in my humble opinion...
bleuwolfe
Rebel Legend
Rebel Legend

metalinc wrote:

Balderdash!

Agree! We scored 193 points last year we are 40% there now in two games this year.Losing Wallace would be tougher in my humble opinion...[/quote] [/quote]

glad to know we are a ONE man team. we'll save a bundle on those new unis. 8-)